The boys and I then headed to Colorado Springs, Colorado. We had a stop in Gunnision for lunch and I noticed one of my tires was low on air. About 90 minutes later, I had a patched tire and we were on the road again. I made it to Laura's (my cousin) about 6:00 pm on June 13th. We met my Auntie Dianna, cousin Doug and his kids. We ate at Hu Hot Restaurant. It was delicious and the first time we've been there. We stayed until Thursday morning and then headed to Missouri. Here are some pictures of our stay in the Springs:
The boys wanted to visit our old neighborhood and see their old school.
Laura took us to Green Mountain Falls, Colorado for breakfast. We went to "The Pantry" and they have very large servings.
Tommy ordered hot chocolate.
Steven ordered the "Mother Lode pancake" and it really was huge.
The restaurant was right next to a little lake.
Laura and I took our picture next to a crooked tree.
Next, we visited Garden of the Gods. You can see Pikes Peak in the background.
Balanced Rock.
We made a quick visit to the Cadet Chapel at the Air Force Academy.
We left Colorado Springs on Thursday morning, June 16 and spent the night in Hays, Kansas. It was a very nice Holiday Inn Express. It had laundry service, a swimming pool, and breakfast was included the next morning. The kids love staying in a hotel.
We try to get the kids' picture in front of every new State sign. Tommy was napping for this picture. I tried twice to wake him up but you know how teenagers are. LOL Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of Missouri because I was in heavy traffic on the I-70 passing through Kansas City. There is no safe place to stop for a photo op in the middle of heavy traffic. We tried pulling over at the first Visitors Center in town but it was a huge disappointment because they didn't have a state sign. Although, we gathered a number of brochures and a map of Missouri.
Tomorrow, I will blog about our arrival into our new hometown. It's small. Incredibly small. There isn't anything here except a Walmart. We also got a chance to see our almost new home. We don't close on the house for another week.
No comments:
Post a Comment