We finally closed on the house! Here's a picture:
There's quite a bit of work that needs to be done. Painting will go a long way in freshening it up. The painting will be no easy task. Everything needs to be painted including trim, doors and ceilings. It will be great though once it is done. The floors and countertops need to be updated but we will just tackle one project at a time. The yard needs some work as well. Fortunately, the backyard is already fenced for the dog. The house sat empty for awhile so there are tons of spiders, roaches, wasps (nests) and other creepy crawlies . I had a pest control company come out and spray for bugs already. The house is empty because we still haven't received our household goods yet. Tom has called and cannot get an answer as to when they will be able to deliver it. We are being told that they cannot find a truck driver in Denver to drive it out to Missouri. It sounds reasonable since Tom works with someone that just moved here too. His household goods are already in town and in storage, but the moving company can't find anyone to load the truck and deliver it. This is completely ridiculous to us because we live in a college town. They can't find one college student that needs summer work? Ugh. Well, don't get me started on the closing process for the house either. No one returns phone calls anymore. Ha! So much for the days when customer service was top priority for businesses.
I guess eventually we will get our furniture. It's just tough because we can't move into the house until we actually have what we need to live in it. So, we are still staying in lodging. Today, I managed to finish updating my resume and writing two more cover letters. I applied for a few jobs this morning and took a keyboarding test at the college. I just need to wait and see if anyone calls for an interview. I'm not in a hurry to start work at the moment because once we get our furniture, I will be busy unpacking. I'd like to finish getting us settled before I start full-time work anyway.
Here's a picture of the city limit sign for Warrensburg. The speed limit really is 25 mph throughout the city unless otherwise posted. I have to drive slower in town than I do on the base.
Here's a couple of establishments we seem to visit often. I would also post a photo of Walmart and the Verizon store, but those are just givens. (Tommy loves to visit the Verizon store. He will end up being on a first name basis with all the salesman.)
We got to tour around a B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber. It's pretty cool. It's even better to see it flying. I'm going to post this, but be warned my husband will probably censor this photo and I will have to delete it. Enjoy it while you can.
O.k. I could not resist taking this photo. Can you believe the elevation of the runway is 870? Who cares, right? Well, I just thought it was interesting since we just came from Cheyenne and Colorado with elevations fluctuating between 6200 and over 10,000 feet in elevation...870 seems silly. LOL
The boys finally got their pool table. It came with the house. I understand the seller (husband) was pretty sad to part with it.
We are about to start our 4th of July weekend. We have no big plans because we will be painting this weekend. We will probably take a little time and go into Kansas City. I'm anxious to take a tour of their chocolate factory and check out the Hallmark store. I guess KC has the world headquarters for Hallmark. I think it's something to visit. We have to see the Transformers 3 movie too.
We've been issued an Excessive Heat Warning for the weekend. I guess they expect temperatures to reach the 100's with very high humidity. Yuck! We won't be spending anytime outside. Ha!
Have a wonderful 4th of July everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment