Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Biking, Basketball and Sunshine

Hello!

Yesterday, my kids went out in the sunshine, came home, ate, watched some TV and then crashed early. The 70 degree weather was unusual for us and I made sure my kids made use of the warm weather.

The tween went out bike riding with his best friend. He came home and we had a lengthy conversation at the dinner table about growing up. He ended up in bed before 8:00 pm. The youngest played basketball for hours with his best friend. He came home barely able to walk. This is what happens to kids in the winter here. It's just too cold to go outside. They both tried their best to get all their exercise done in one day. Ha! Steven went to bed at 7:45 pm to read, but ended up crying, asking us if he could just go to sleep instead. I guess they were on sunshine overload. By the way, Steven wasn't crying because he was worried we wouldn't let him go to sleep. He was crying from being tired and nightly reading is homework. He was just too exhausted to read. I think trading reading for a good dose of vitamin D was worth it. :)

Today is a new day. Seriously, we must have 60-70 mph winds. It's insane. I wanted to grill some chicken tonight for dinner. I don't think that's going to happen though. The grill might blow away. I'm not kidding!

Speaking of growing up, I've got to tell you about my tween. He's growing. We can't keep him full and we can't keep him awake. Haha! He told me today that he fell asleep on the bus coming home from school. I guess when he woke up he had missed his bus stop and he had to call his Dad to come pick him up. He's also fallen asleep in Science class and Health but on different days.

Random stuff: Tommy took fencing today at school. We played Euchre tonight and somehow I could actually play. I've always had some kind of brain block on that game. Anyway, Steven was my partner and we won! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment